Date: 27 October 2017
Job Title: Director of National Accounts
Reports to: Senior Director of Sales, Canada
The Director of National Accounts leads the company’s efforts to maintain and expand relationships with large volume accounts and/or multi-location consortium or strategic partners, and is responsible for achieving sales quota and defined strategic account objectives.
The Director of National Accounts leads in the negotiations and management of account marketing plans, corresponding marketing budget management, and ensuring assigned accounts needs and expectations are met by the company.
The role is also responsible for the Business Development of the territory Southwestern Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts
- Coordinate the involvement of Scenic and Emerald personnel, including sales support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations. Examples might be sales blitzes with other sales managers in regions where the company has no representation, account conference staffing, etc.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- All reporting on consortia to our partners as well as the Vancouver office
- Proactively lead a joint company planning process with accounts that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones on an annual basis
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Participate in weekly sales and trade meetings, and participate in leading strategic discussions with other staff/team members on National Account strategies and updates
- Disseminate information to the field ensuring all team members on the same page regarding National Accounts, and reports any strategic perspectives or competitive information upwards on a weekly basis at minimum
- Seek out charter/groups opportunities and assist the Business Develop Managers in growing the charter/groups business in their territories
- This position will also split it’s time between National Accounts and assigned sales territory, and the designated time allocation between the two will vary by seasonality
- Acquisition: Utilize existing relationships and creation of new relationships to acquire new business opportunities for Scenic and Emerald Waterways
- Manage marketing plans for all accounts in the territory; provide support to them on marketing plans; supply of content for relevant itineraries, special offers, images as required, approving their brochure pages for their various brochure editions within their deadlines, as well as coordinating any other co-op marketing activity agreed upon
- Provide reports to the Senior Director of Sales: Weekly report, Monthly Board Report, Bi Monthly Report, as well as ongoing market intelligence
- Build business in his/her assigned territory by creating demand through trainings both on site and virtual; focus on FIT/group/charter, provided representation at trade events and partner conferences as needed
Previous travel industry experience and working with the agency community required
Neat, professional appearance and demeanor expected at all times when representing the company brand at trade functions
· Minimum of five years of experience in the travel industry
· Previous Account Management experience and established relationships a must
· Able to travel up to 50% within Canada; some overseas travel may be required
· Superior interpersonal and communication both written and oral
· Vast knowledge of Sales Force
· Strong Office skills
· Excellent public speaking skills
· Ability to operate within a defined budget
· Self motivated and well organized
Please include salary expectation
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - Please send C/V and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org