Scenic Group is a leading luxury global travel company with offices around the world and has grown over its +30-year history to include award-winning, all-inclusive escorted tours; two award-winning river cruise lines – Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours and Emerald Waterways; and, in 2018, the World’s First Discovery Yacht – Scenic Eclipse.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Business Development Manager Germany, Austria and Benelux to create awareness of Scenic’s portfolio and define market specific sales strategies to grow market share and brand awareness. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of strategy implementation and sales development within the territory.
- The Business Development Manager will work to develop FIT, Charter and group business by focusing on signing new accounts and working together with our existing partners.
- Training travel agents and group sellers, segmenting agencies and agents to optimize focus.
- Developing marketing plans with partners, attend trade and consumer shows as well as running info sessions or cruise nights.
- Provide regular management reports on territory performance and key activities.
- Lead Management through SalesForce.com.
- Develop/update territory sales plans and its implementation.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the travel industry in the German market and/or assigned territories with proven track of sales record.
- Excellent industry and market knowledge.
- Existing network and account relationships within the travel agency community.
- River Cruise and Ocean Cruise experience desired.
- Neat, professional appearance and demeanor expected at all times when representing the company brands.
- Able to travel 50% or more of the time.
- Adept with use of MS Office package.
- Familiarity and comfort with Salesforce.com or similar CRM application preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a home office-based environment.
- Mother tongue German, fluent in English & French.
We look forward to your full application no later than August 25th 2017 via the following link: http://scenicglobal.applytojob.com/apply/31ltGJX5IR/Business-Development-Manager-D-A-CH-Benelux
Scenic Tours Europe AG, Grafenaustrasse 7, Postfach 7743, CH - 6302 Zug