Scenic Luxury Cruising and Tours is one of the leading worldwide touring & river cruising companies. We currently have a permanent full time position vacant for a Financial Accountant based in our Boston office. The overall purpose of this position is to contribute to the smooth running of the Finance Department as we continue to grow within the US.
Date Position Open: June 14 – June 30, 2017
Company: Scenic Tours USA Inc.
Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports to: Finance Manager, USA
Job type: Full time, permanent
Overall purpose of job: The position will be responsible leading accounting matters, as well as processing payroll and support Finance manager on ad hoc tasks.
· Responsible for payroll processing and assist with HR and benefits.
· Various balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
· Maintain fixed asset register.
· Support accounts payables as needed.
· Assist with audits.
· Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency in processing.
· Ensure month-end close deadlines are met.
· Ensure compliance with corporate reporting and control standards.
· Ad hoc projects and requests based on business needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience, including payroll.
· Strong technical accounting knowledge.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Dynamic, positive and focus on service.
· Advanced level Excel proficiency.
· US Candidate only
· CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
· Knowledge with Sage 300 ERP or Ceridian an asset.
· HR and Benefits experience preferred.
· 401K matching company paid pension plan
· Medical and vision coverage
· Dental coverage
· Commuting benefits
· Four weeks annual paid vacation and 10 sick days